Clasis Law partner Sidanth Rajagopal took to the stage at the second annual Corporate Jet and Helicopter Finance Conference in London.
The event, organised by Corporate Jet Investor and jointly sponsored by Clasis Law's associated firm Clyde & Co, was held on February 7 and 8 at The Hilton, London, Tower Bridge.
Sidanth Rajagopal joined a panel discussing financing business jets and helicopters into China and India, looking at a range of issues. Including:
- Is the infrastructure ready?
- What are the regulatory approvals that should be obtained for the purchase/lease/importation of business jets and helicopters into China and India?
- Tax issues - are seizures likely to return in India?
- What taxes are payable in connection with the purchase/leasing of business jets and helicopters?
- How easy would repossession in China or India be?
- Local aircraft registrations - what should you be aware of?
- Cape Townregistration - does it really benefit the financiers?
From Clyde & Co, London partner Mark Bisset chaired a panel on the business of management and charter alongside speakers from the Gama Group and London Executive Aviation. And Paul Jebely, head of aviation finance for Asia and Africa at Clyde & Co, joined a panel of experts including clients Investec and Rand Merchant Bank for a discussion on the opportunities and risks in Africa.
Around 200 delegates attended the conference from over 30 international financial institutions, from 17 different countries spanning six continents.